The following are Privacy and Comment Policies & Guidelines set out by X Local.
We encourage you to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we may collect & why:
– Usage information such as time spent and other website engagement information to understand your preferences and assist X Local in developing better content, products and services.
– Social media ID’s including both personal/non-personally identifying information you may provide by using social media commenting and sharing features. You are able control the information you share via the social networking sites’ settings.
– You may opt-in to receive daily email newsletters or communications. Your email address is not shared with any third parties outside of X Local.
– Like most websites, X Local may rely on cookies and other commonly used technologies such as pixels to improve website functionality and deliver the best experience for our users. We use these technologies to collect information about the usage of our site and to offer our users content and advertising that is relevant to them based on how they use the site. By using the X Local website, you give us and trusted third parties on our website consent to collect Usage Information using cookies and similar technologies.
X Local regularly links to other websites. Please be aware that we, X Local, are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites.
In the event X Local goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
X Local makes every effort to preserve our users privacy, however we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our web site.
What is not covered by this policy:
Analytic data that cannot be associated with a specific person, i.e. demographic statistics about X Local’s readers, number of visitors and average time spent on our website. Type of browser or operating system you are using, your network, web pages you have visited, other web pages you have visited before and after visiting ours, type of device, general location information and other similar types of anonymous or non personal information may be collected and used by us and third parties including advertisers.
Personal Information for Editorial Purposes — Information collected for editorial purposes, whether or not it is considered “personal”, is exempt from the requirements of Canadian law and is not covered by this policy. Business contact information including the name, title, business address and telephone number of an employee of an organization, publicly available information such as an individual’s name and address when listed in or made available through a directory, or any other information or circumstance that falls outside the scope of or is exempted by applicable privacy legislation.
X Local encourages engaging, civil & respectful commenting below it’s stories, posts, videos & other material posted to this website and on social media platforms.
We have an open conversation and commenting system because we want to promote a channel for engaging dialogue among our users.
X Local does not always pre-moderate comments. However that may change at any time and your comments may be removed if they do not follow our comment policy & guidelines.
- Be respectful, civil & stay on topic.
Personal attacks, threats, hate speech, obscenities & libellous/defamatory statements are prohibited.
All comments posted on X Local by users are the opinion and responsibility of the writer, not X Local.
By commenting you grant us non-exclusive rights to use your content, royalty free in perpetuity.
Your comments may be published on X Local owned or controlled platforms, included in future stories and indexed by search engines.
X Local reserves the right to remove comments.
X Local reserves the right to close comments on a post at any time.
X Local has no obligation to publish a comment.
X Local has no obligation to remove your comment.
X Local reserves the right to block you from commenting or accessing the site completely if you violate our guidelines.
Keep in mind when you voluntarily disclose personal information online – for example through e-mail, forum discussion boards, or elsewhere – that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online , you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your personal information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.